RAISIN BRIOCHE BREAD PUDDING January 31 2021
When it comes to bread puddings, your imagination is the limit. This dessert is the perfect way to incorporate a day-old baguette, staled croissants, Norwegian brioche, or other leftover baked goods you have in your kitchen. You can arrange it the night before and bake it in the morning. If you bake it in a good looking dish, it can go straight from the oven to your table.
500g white bread (stale but not hard), croissants, brioche
3/4 cup raisins or other dried fruits soaked
50ml spiced rum or bourbon
4 large eggs
1ts ground cinnamon
1/2 ts freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 ts sea salt
2 cups of milk
2 cups of coconut milk
1. Soak the raisins in the rum overnight or at least a few hours.
2. Trim the crust from the bread (if that is what you are using) and cut it into 2cm cubes. If you are using brioche, slice and toast them in the oven until golden.
3. Arrange the 2cm cubes and dried fruits evenly in the baking dish.
4. Combine the eggs, the milk, and all spices in a bowl.
5. Wisk until the mixture becomes homogenous.
6. Pour it over the bread/brioche pieces and let it stand for 30 minutes, periodically pressing the bread down with a spatula to help it absorb the liquid.
7. Preheat the over to 180 degrees and bake in a water bath for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
8. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream, ice cream, or fresh fruits.